Tours in Olympia and around
Taxi Tours in Olympia and around
Our office and meeting place in Olympia is next of the parking of the Archeological museum Tsoureka and Douma str.
Our second office and meeting place in Katakolo is in Katakolo Port.
You will travel back to the ancient times by seeing monuments such as the temple dedicated to Zeus, the father of the gods, it sprawls over the southwest foot of Mount Kronios, at the confluence of the Alpheios and the Kladeos rivers, in a lush, green landscape. Although secluded near the west coast of the Peloponnese, Olympia became the most important religious and athletic centre in Greece.
Its fame rests upon the Olympic Games, the greatest national festival and a highly prestigious one world-wide, which was held every four years to honour Zeus. The origin of the cult and of the festival went back many centuries. At the ancient stadium hosted 40,000 spectators that could sit right and left without seats and watch the races. Afterwards you will visit the archaeological museum, you will see the statue of Hermes of Praxiteles, the statue of Peonyon victory and the exhibits of the temple of Zeus. You can also visit the Olympic Games Museum.
Once you have finished around the archaeological site, there are some attractions you can choose on the same day and it depends on the time you have to visit some of them such as: we can visit the small town of Olympia of 1200 inhabitants. There are a lot of good restaurants, coffee shops, tourist shops, and jeweler’s and the Museum of Ancient Greek Technology.
You can have lunch, have a coffee or a drink or you can do your shopping if you feel like you need to do shopping therapy.
Also around the village of Olympia there are farms like the honey farm of Klio, where you will learn the secrets of producing honey. The Olympia land winery, MAGNA GRECIA with a tour around the farms and tasting. We can also visit the Kremasti monastery with its beautiful view or we can go to the beautiful beaches near the harbor for swimming, coffee and eating.
What is included
- The transportation to all the attractions of the described tour
- We will provide guide book your exploration inside the site and museum of Olympia
- Pick up at the specified meeting point and drop off either at the same point or anywhere else you like
- The tour is flexible so any adjustments the customer wants can be of course discussed on the way.
What is NOT included
- The Tickets to the museum+ archaeological site costs 12 euros per person. Children under the age of 18 can get inside for free
- The Tickets to the winery
- lunch, snacks, coffee’s, coffee.
- Tour guide is available for tour inside the museum and site ( optional with extra cost, upon request from the customer.